Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Perspective

Most people see me as conservative. Not all. My father is soooooooo disappointed by my libertarian views. You see, I agree with this.......

June 13, 1966
High Court Puts New Curb On Powers Of The Police To Interrogate Suspects
Dissenters Bitter
Four View Limitation on Confessions as Aid to Criminals
Four Dissenters Denounce Ruling
See Limiting of Confessions as Helping Free Criminals to Repeat Their Crimes

The Supreme Court announced today sweeping limitations on the power of the police to question suspects in their custody. The justices split 5 to 4. In stinging dissents the minority denounced the decision as helping criminals go free to repeat their crimes.

The majority opinion, by Chief Justice Earl Warren, broke new constitutional ground by declaring that the Fifth Amendment's privilege against self-incrimination comes into play as soon as a person is within police custody
.


My father thinks I am Ted Kennedy's left hand!

No comments: