Monday, September 06, 2010

Downtown Indianapolis

It was a great summer day to explore. I had a good time. I made it to the Soldiers' & Sailors' Monument. I walked through University Park. I walked all around the Indiana War Memorial.

I sat in the late summer sun and enjoyed ice cream from the Chocolate Cafe. You know that name caught my eye!

It would have been a little better on a weekday so I could have gone inside the Soldiers' & Sailors' Monument and up to the observation deck. But no matter. It was still fun and interesting.

I guess I'll have to concede that Dr. Miller was correct about one thing. He said that chemo didn't mean the end of my adventures. That I could still see America.

I did my 11 days (only 11 in August because the Revlimid wasn't ready - September will be 14). It took a week to pull myself together. But from last Saturday until now I have felt very much my pre-August 9th self. Sure I am slow and there is pain, but I am not incapable or deranged by steroids. There have been no embarrassing outbursts of tears or temper. I was not winded by my adventures.

Tomorrow I fly back to Boston. I arrive at 11 am and at 1 pm I will be in the infusion room.

There will be more adventures in 14 to 21 days.

No comments: