Sunday, May 25, 2008

Crushing Disappointment

Ok, I am heartless and cruel. If these things offend you, don't continue reading. Go find something with sweetness and light, because there is none here.

I got up around 0930. I am doing laundry and stuff. I had the TV on ABC's ThisWeek with George Stephanopoulos. I moving around the house, straightening things up. In the last few minutes they are running the "In Memorium" segment. I hear the music, I know what it is, but I am not looking. Then I hear a voice saying that Jimmy Carter was a man of honor. My arms are full of clothes from the dryer. For a sec I am frozen. Then I fling the clothes onto the table and dash to the TV. I grab the remote and rewind.

Damn!

It's about Hamilton Jordan.

Not Jimmy Carter.

I listen again to the clip of Jordan explaining "Integrity and confidence, those are two qualities Jimmy Carter very naturally has ... and those two qualities that I think are essential for the man who will be the next president of the country." One for 2 Hamilton, you're batting .500. Jimmy Carter has NO integrity. Zip. Nada. Zilch. Of course Jordan leaves out anti-semetic, which makes sense, since he was the architect of the Carter presidency.

Then the announcer points out that after the Carter presidency, and his own cancer episode, Jordan devoted his life to working with kids with cancer.

You know what that's called, don't you?

Penance.

I know a lot about that. I'll have to do more just for thinking this, much less writing it.

No comments: