Saturday, May 17, 2008

The Pain

Simmon's commencement speaker was Bianca Jagger.

The horror of being held hostage and subjected to a diatribe from Mick Jagger's ex-wife on the moral compass of this country is more than I can convey.

Gitmo
Iraq
Global Warming

I stood and turned my back on her when she said that our going into Iraq was immoral. Grace grabbed my leg and begged me to sit down. I did. The pulse was pounding in my throat. I have never had to sit and be attacked like that. I have never been in a position where I had to be quiet. It was horrible. But for Debbie I kept silent.

She lost the crowd at that point anyway. A few people boo'd. Then most people began talking among themselves.

She made herself irrelevant.

Still, I am not kidding or just being typical dramatic Princess Crabby when I tell you how it hurt to sit and just take it.

2 comments:

Nixon said...

That shit's funny!

BostonMaggie said...

This does not sound like sympathy.

Somehow you have figured out that anyone who panders to me is dropped like a hot rock. Bastid. You are a natural for the Navy Coterie.

I am sulking.