Thursday, May 15, 2008

I Will Never Regret Voting for George Bush

Don't get me wrong, I don't agree with everything that comes out of his mouth. But if you ask me again, Gore or Bush...........Kerry or Bush..........it is no contest. That answer will never change.

Today he showed me, yet again why I am happy with my choice.

He addressed the Knesset. The video is here.

The transcript is here.

I can't download it....my blogging skills are limited, lol. But go and watch it. It's 23 minutes long and the best part comes between the 13 and 15 minute mark.

Some seem to believe that we should negotiate with the terrorists and radicals, as if some ingenious argument will persuade them they have been wrong all along. We have heard this foolish delusion before. As Nazi tanks crossed into Poland in 1939, an American senator declared: "Lord, if I could only have talked to Hitler, all this might have been avoided." We have an obligation to call this what it is -- the false comfort of appeasement, which has been repeatedly discredited by history. (Applause.)

Some people suggest if the United States would just break ties with Israel, all our problems in the Middle East would go away. This is a tired argument that buys into the propaganda of the enemies of peace, and America utterly rejects it. Israel's population may be just over 7 million. But when you confront terror and evil, you are 307 million strong, because the United States of America stands with you. (Applause.)

I was deeply moved.

Yom Ha'atzmaut Sameach.........Happy Independence Day Israel!

No comments: