Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Drowning In The Living Room

So last night was a blogger get together. Some local, conservative bloggers got together at casa de MissKelly for some pizza and some stimulating discourse.
Princess Crabby forgot her lifepreserver. LOL
I follow this sort of thing, but the stuff flying around last night was wayyyy over my head.
Still, I loved it. And I know so much more than I did yesterday.
Our main speakers were Robert Spencer of Jihad Watch and Andrew Bostom.
I got to pop into lots of interesting conversation with Jill (she of the evil cookies), Neo-Neocon, Squaring the Globe, and sisu. I didn't get the chance to speak with Libertarian Leanings or Kavanna, too bad for me! Richard Landes was fascinating and a fellow Monty Python fan. However, my favorites of the night were Hillel Stavis and the Archbishop (aka Mr. Sisu).
To get us all rolling Miss Kelly had prepared some entertainment. She made copies of this great parody of the Canterbury Tales by Iowahawk and had different people read.
From there, we got into a discussion of the actual news story of the actual story of the statements by the current Archbishop of Canterbury regarding sharia law. This naturally moved onto the topic of the night......Robert and Andrew and their thoughts on Jihad, islamists in Europe, the movie Fitna.
It was all terribly interesting and I was quite lost sometimes. LOL
Later as the evening wound down we discussed Al-Dura with Richard. I had read about this and seen some YouTube snippets, so I was riveted. It can be very frustrating to have to face how easily the MSM in America can be manipulated.
Lastly, I got no sympathy for my view that John Adams is not being fairly portrayed in the Tom Hank's HBO epic. I haven't said much about it here, but I guess I'll get around to it.
Solomonia is the force behind these get togethers and I am appreciative of his efforts and when I get the chance......his company.

4 comments:

Teresa said...

*sigh* I wish I could have been there. It had to be this week didn't it... heh.

BostonMaggie said...

We missed you kiddo!

Unknown said...

I only got to see the first two episodes from the John Adams series (Free Weekend) and Paul Giamatti was excellent! I can't wait to see the rest.

BostonMaggie said...

LJ - Adams is my favorite US President and I feel his is being unfairly portrayed. I am also not happy with how the Sons of Liberty are being portrayed.

Otherwise, it is a well filmed miniseries with high production values.