Saturday, January 05, 2008

Maj. Andrew J. Olmsted

*****UPDATE - Go read this. H/T to Sgt. Hook & Laughing Wolf @ Blackfive**********JP at Milblogging sent us a sad email this morning.
This is very tragic news I have to report to you today. Milblogger Andrew Olmsted, was killed in Iraq. Our hearts and prayers are with his family, friends, and everyone that got to know him, as they face this enormous loss and tragedy in their lives.
I didn't read Major Olmstead's blog, but I popped over real quick and I really liked what I read. You should check it out.
Read JP's post.
Read the Armorer's post.
If you go and read Huffington, skip the asshats in the comments.
There is also a very heartfelt story up at the Rocky Mountain News which left enough clues (along with what the Major is wearing in the pic below) to tell me that he was a member of Red Sox Nation.
Olmsted spends his time off with his wife, Amanda Wilson, as they take advantage of the June weather to hike near their home in Colorado Springs. Olmsted, 38, was killed Thursday.
Major Olmstead requested this: "So if you're up for that, put on a little 80s music (preferably vintage 1980-1984), grab a Coke and have a drink with me. If you have it, throw 'Freedom Isn't Free' from the Team America soundtrack in; if you can't laugh at that song, I think you need to lighten up a little. I'm dead, but if you're reading this, you're not, so take a moment to enjoy that happy fact."
Yes sir.

No comments: