Sunday, February 01, 2015

History's "Sons Of Liberty"

To be fair, I have only watched the first of the three part series.  However, based on this first episode I must say....."History"?....not so much.

Very disappointing historical content.

That said, it's well filmed and acted. If it were an outright "drama", I would gave it many stars.

A few years ago " The History Channel" dropped "Channel" from it's name.  I would suggest they dropped the wrong word.

As I said, I have watched the first episode.  I had recorded all three episodes with plans to "binge watch".  But now I have decided to pace myself.  The third episode purports to deal with the Battle of Bunker Hill". Breath in.  Breath out.
 Just for a frame of reference, this is John Singleton Copley's 1772 portrait of Sam Adams.  Not much resemblance.

2 comments:

OldAFSarge said...

Fellow New Englander here Maggie, I tried very hard to watch it. I still haven't made it through the first episode.

There is very little history in it.

Much like the so-called "History" Channel. Like you said, they dropped the wrong word.

SCOTTtheBADGER said...

The History Channel has almost nothing to do with History anymore, alas!