Friday, January 01, 2010

When New Year's Resolutions Meet...

....that particular mix of ADD & Alzheimer's I have.

Today was supposed to be the first day back on Atkins.

The alarm went off - I am going to go in to work for a bit. I got up, walked to the back of the house to turn the water heater up, we turn it down to conserve. Unloaded the dryer.....walked into the kitchen.....poured a glass of Coke and sliced a piece of Rachael's coffee cake.

I came here, sat down to check email while the water heated up.....

Then I realized what day it was.

Oh well, like Mama Kelley used to quote from her favorite movie "Gone With The Wind" - "Tomorrow is another day!"

Happy New Year everyone!

1 comment:

AW1 Tim said...

Well,
I was also planning on starting fresh. I've taken of 45 pounds from the frame and 10" from my waistline this past year, but I know I can do better.
So last night was great, except for waking up at home and not remembering how I got there. Interestingly enough, I wasn't hung over either, despite my best efforts, apparently. Sigh
Anyway, I got up and made a batch of biscuits and a pot of sausage gravy, a fresh pot of black coffee (Navy strength) and tucked into it all. The two daughters helped out too. In the eating department, that it.
But yeah, tomorrow is another day.