Sunday, May 21, 2006

Frankie & Toni

Today was Confirmation Day for Frankie and Toni. I was so proud of them. Jen was Frankie's sponser, I was Toni's. It wasn't at St. Francis because for the last few years they've had this Town wide thing and it moves from parish to parish. I didn't luck out with either son, Tom was at St. Mary's. But at least Tom's was orderly. This was chaos. One set of instructions in the hall and a different set in the church. No matter, Bishop McNaughton was great and his talk before the ceremony and his homily were interesting. Father Mahoney was there, it's always so great to see him. I was in the fourth pew and he caught my eye after Communion and winked. My grin was ear to ear....he is so mischievious now that I am an adult. LOL No pics with the Bishop because Frank couldn't stand the wait. All that mattered was that we got the pictures with Father Mahoney. It was a beautiful spring day.

Everyone went back to my parent's house. I am so lucky to have them to host all my parties, lol. I fell off the wagon.....the sugar was such a rush! Jen is mad at me and says she won't go with me to yoga on Tuesday but I will go right back on tomorrow.

We went to Frank's soccer game after that. The skies opened up and it poured! I should have been fine. I had Jen's windbreaker and my Dad's giant umbrella (which he insisted I take because it's *better* than any other).....but Toni & Breanne had nothing so I gave them the umbrella.

I feel much better now. A good, hot shower fixes everything!

No comments: