Saturday, May 23, 2009

Sergio Franchi

When I was a little girl, my father had an album of Sergio Franchi singing songs that were all woman's names. The title of the album was "Women In My Life"

Side 1:
1. Marta
2. Jennie
3. Laura
4. Sweet Georgia Brown
5. Maria
6. Hi-Lili, Hi Lo
Side 2:
1. Mimi
2. Diane
3. Gigi
4. Once In Love With Amy
5. Tammy
6. Stella By Starlight

I loved this album. My father would sing along - "Jennie" to Jennifer....."Gigi" to Grace and the one of these is my real name (Maggie is a high school nickname, long story). The other song he would sing to Jennifer was the Bobby Sherman song - that was better because my father didn't really care for nicknames.

Anyway, when Sergio Franchi sings "Maria" from West Side Story, he makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. I just paid .99 to dowload it from Amazon and I have already played it a dozen times. I wish I knew how to upload it here.

1 comment:

Stella by Starlight said...

"Stella by Starlight"... can I steal that one?