Monday, May 25, 2009

Inappropriate!

I am listening to POTUS speak after the wreath laying at Arlington.

It was going along fairly well. I was thinking "This is a good speech." "He is a good speaker."

I was wondering why I have such a hard time accepting that it might be sincere.

Then Obama the "Candidate" popped up and said something I found so inappropriate.

He said that we can rest assured that *he* will never send troops into an unnecessary or unjustified war.

Ok, that infers that others have. To point out that he won't is said to distinguish him from others who have.

I don't care how you feel about Iraq, Afghanistan, Vietnam or the Spanish American War. It is INAPPROPRIATE to stand among the graves of brave men and women and disparage the cause they fought for.

There is a time and a place for everything.

Arlington was NOT the place for that. Arlington is a sacred place. Check your politics at the gate.

No comments: