Thursday, May 21, 2009

Panic Attack! Locked Out Of Twitter

****UPDATE - I've got it back! LOL That was awful. I got Twitter back, then it took a little longer to get back TweetDeck. All my saved "Replies" and "Direct Messages" on TweetDeck are gone. But I can deal with that.****

I've already admitted to my addiction......now I am jonesing!

I got an email saying that I needed to change my password because of some phishing attack. I didn't follow the link in the email in case this was a phishing attack.............lol. So I went in through my bookmarks and changed my password. But I had TweetDeck open. Worlds collided.

Now I can't get into either because of failed attempts.


Locked out!We've temporarily locked your account after too many failed attempts to sign in. Please chillax for a few, then try again.

WTF is "chillax"?

3 comments:

Mrs. K said...

LOL...chill out + relax = chillax. Don't you watch Family Guy?

Peter Black said...

The same thing has just happened to me? How long did you have to wait?

BostonMaggie said...

Did you get locked out temporarily? Like Twitter time out? Then you hit a limit. Read here -
http://help.twitter.com/forums/10711/entries/15364

Mine was a password reset during an overall Twitter problem. People password's got hacked. But I am back in and it never happened again.