Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Anxiety

So yesterday, something big and good and exciting happened.....and it was Navy....and SB was in the dungeon (no phones, no texting, etc.), so I called Galrahn.

After I told him my story at top speed and a pitch that would make dogs howl.....the conversation turned to social media. This has been a hot topic for a while in my circles.

He told me to go read "Social Software and National Security: An Initial Net Assessment". Which he had blogged about here.

I had little moment. You see, my reading comprehension skills and short term memory are being effected by a) cancer b) drugs c) some combination of the two. I told SB and he tried to make light of it and said "What? So now you read like a normal person?" Which was sweet but it is getting to be a problem.

Then this morning @Lindy Kyzer was Twittering (Tweeting?) a panel for the WPAS and the author of paper Galrahn wanted me to read is on it. When I followed Lindy's link to one of the presenters.....there was Dr. Mark Drapeau! If there is going to be vid, this may make my reading easier.

No comments: