Saturday, May 23, 2009

Midway Commemoration - Charlestown Navy Yard

On Thursday morning 04 JUN 2009 all over the country there will be observances and commemorations of the Battle of Midway.

Here in Boston this anniversary will be observed in the Charlestown Navy Yard aboard USS Cassin Young (DD-793), a Fletcher Class destroyer that was decommissioned before I was born. When I was young and I would go aboard, I was sure it was the ship my father served aboard. Now of course I understand the he served aboard the USS Norris (DD-859), a Gearing class destroyer.....who knew I would be this much a Navy-nerd? LOL

Anyway, if you are in the area....or could be, you should join me. 11 am on Thursday June 4th.

However, if you are unable to, there are other observances and commemorations listed here.

2009 Battle of Midway Anniversary Observances & Reunions

No comments: