Tuesday, May 26, 2009

He Shoots! He Scores!

That crazy bastid Shippert had the line of the day on Twitter.

With all of Sonia Sotomayor's self-embrace of her richer experience as a Latino woman, if confirmed can I call her Justice SortaMyopic?

That about sums it up folks. What else would you call a woman who says -

I would hope that a wise Latina woman with the richness of her experiences would more often than not reach a better conclusion [as a judge] than a white male who hasn’t lived that life.” — Judge Sonia Sotomayor, in her Judge Mario G. Olmos Law and Cultural Diversity Lecture at the University of California (Berkeley) School of Law in 2001

3 comments:

FbL said...

Actually, I'd call her sexist and racist. :P

SK said...

I read his tweet last night! He definitely scored, with the best line of the day ;)

Stella by Starlight said...

Racism is inappropriate no matter who makes the statement. In return:

Tancredo: I would continually bring up this quote of hers, I'd like her to explain that. It is incredible to me. There is no one else I can think of who could possibly have said the kind of things she said, If they are reported accurately about the benefits of being a brown women as opposed to a white man and interpreting the law and nobody can look at that and say that was not a racist, sexist statement that would disqualify anybody else...She is a Hispanic woman and we can't say anything like this..

His [Tancredo's] form of racism is an affront to all decency. As I've said before, I do not speak Italian because of the racism my grandparents endured when they came to America. He's Italian and he should be ashamed of himself. Why is this man on TV talking about race in America? What does he have to add? Here's one of Tancredo's racist campaign ads.

Tancredo's racism is such that he's the darling of the Malkin wing of the GOP. He's a man who even called Miami a "Third World country.”I'm not kidding. And let's not forget his "bombing Mecca," statements either.

This isn't the pot calling the kettle black. It's the pot calling the tablecloth black.
***
Bigotry breeds bigotry.