Friday, March 26, 2010

Fun Friday

I remembered it was Friday and had eggs for breakfast. Lent is almost over and I have been good.

I went to the gym last night hoping to do 30 minutes on the treadmill and a little yoga. I am madly disappointed by how far down hill the gym has gone. When we joined there was a different manager and everything was very clean. Now Laura is gone and things are just steadily declining. The point of the gym is that it's open 24/7. I like to go late in the evening and there is no one there to beef to.

Well I ended up doing well over my 30 minutes because I have this new book - "One Second Later". You know I have books stacked everywhere and I am always acquiring more. I bought this one after hearing about it on some news story I think. I stuck it in the gym bag and forgot all about it.

Last night I cracked it open....after cleaning my treadmill....like I said, it's going downhill....I might not go often, but I pay regularly. Anyway, my plan was 30 minutes and then downstairs for yoga.

150 pages later I wondered why my legs were wobbly, lol. I didn't want to put it down!

I went downstairs to do yoga in front of the big screen TV, but I couldn't find the remote...so no soothing TV teacher. Nevermind, I just headed home to shower and read more of the book.

At some point while reading in bed, I closed my eyes for a second and opened them eight hours later.

It's back in my gym bag for later tonight after Stations. I was sorely tempted to sit down and finish it this morning, but I had a DOD Bloggers Roundtable.

I made it into work just in time to be first on the call!

We got to speak with Ken & Nathan of 30 Days Through Afghanistan. If you haven't checked out their blog, you should. The blog posts and videos are a fabulous glimpse into our mission in Afghanistan. Their Facebook page is here.

They'll get their own blog post later....I have to get to work now. You know, that thing I do that finances all the rest of this nonsense.

I have a new book on the list - "Watership Down". No, I never read it, so you might as well stop yelling at me. Now I have to....a "gentle suggestion" from the favorite Chief Boatswain's Mate.

1 comment:

SCOTTtheBADGER said...

After you read Watership Down, you will know why you are part of this Badger's Owsla.