Tuesday, February 17, 2009

What Makes You Think They're Mine?

Oh......that......

Jen spent yesterday cleaning out her bookcase. She had a pile of books that were mine. She had cleaned out and dusted all the books."Yeah, I found an M&M wrapper from you."

"What makes you think it's mine?" I am laughing. I am notorious for leaving things in books. Notes. Money. Receipts. An M&M wrapper is not out of the realm.

"It was in Shutter Island."

"So?" Sure, I read Shutter Island. It was one of two books I brought with me to Dubai. It's a very dark book. I was very moved. Nevermind the fact that it is overall part of a very happy memory. August of 2003 in Dubai was the best vacation ever. I can close my eyes and immediately be back on my lounge chair on the roof of the Taj Palace at the pool, my pool guys at the ready.

"The label is written in Arabic.""Oh."

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great, now I am picturing the female green M&M by the pool with the Red and Yellow M&Ms slowing melting from the various sources of heat...

Would make for a good book,

"Melts in Dubai"
or
"Hard Shell, Soft Heart"

Real page turners as long as your fingers aren't sticky.

Mrs. K said...

M & M's are just...magical.

Anonymous said...

Wow. Getting busted is one thing, but there is NO chance you're talking your way outta this one :)

Stella by Starlight said...

I'm calling Homeland Security on you!

8-P