Monday, February 09, 2009

EPIIC Symposium or Punishing Myself

LOL, it's time for the 2009 EPIIC Symposium......also known as Maggie pays good money to have people aggravate her.

This is the polar opposite of the Milblog.

At EPIIC I am *the* most conservative person in the room. Period.

At the Milblog, I am moderate.

At EPIIC I am constantly aggravated by the whole pie in the sky, Kumbaya, love is the answer feel.

At the Milblog I get the sense that I am among people who see the world as it truly is.

But learning is not about sitting in the echo chamber. I learn plenty of things at the Milblog, but EPIIC will take me places I wouldn't ordinarily go.

Plus I think it's good for them to have a real conservative in their presence.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a few weeks early but maybe you can count this as part of your Lenten sacrifice (especially being nice to the people there).

BostonMaggie said...

Somehow you know that I *need* to make sacrifices during Lent....hmmmm. LOL but being nice to people is too much to ask.