Friday, February 06, 2009

Jesus Wept

First, read this.

Now, this -

Obama to order charges withdrawn against USS Cole bombing mastermind

When I first read about Pohl saying no, I thought that was the end of it. Well, no, I hoped that was the end of it. But when I watched Robert Gibbs on the 29th explain to reporters the "we are consulting with the Pentagon and the Department of Justice to explore our options in that case.", I was a little unnerved.

Then yesterday.....well, I have no words.

How does this help the cause of justice?

Is it so important to get your way?

Was Col. Pohl standing up for what was right such a problem for "The One" that he had to do this?

Does this Administration need to be reminded that SEVENTEEN U.S. Sailors died on Oct. 12, 2000, when Al Qaeda suicide bombers steered an explosives-laden boat into the Cole, while it was in a Yemeni port???

Oh and let's not forget Judge Susan Crawford - Oh no, I don't want to leave you out - Princess Crabby wants to personally send you a big "Effffff you!"

Navy Commander JD Gordon, a Pentagon spokesman, said: "It was [Judge Susan Crawford's] decision, and it reflects the fact that the president [US president Barack Obama] has issued an executive order which mandates that the military commissions be halted, pending the outcome of several comprehensive reviews of our detention operations at Guantanamo."

I hope whatever you are angling to get from the new Administration of Hope&Change turns out to be worth your backbone. I hope it's the best unicorn in the stable.

No comments: