Monday, November 24, 2008

Princess Crabby and the Bad Juju

Sounds like a children's book, doesn't it? "James and the Giant Peach"......"Charlie and the Chocolate Factory"......."Princess Crabby and the Bad Juju"

I was so wrapped up in how great this drug-free week was going to be that I forgot to respect my Druid heritage and knock on wood. Don't tell Amii Stewart.

Sunday I headed up to Mass & CCD to be followed by a "la-la-la" over on Comm Ave with my goddaughter Deb, dinner with my parents, a baby shower and finally "24" last night.

Much of this did not happen. Instead I ended up on pain meds, curled in a ball on my bed.

One of the side effects of chemo is that you are susceptible to opportunistic infections.
Maybe I need to throw a few acorns in my pocket.

2 comments:

Stella by Starlight said...

One of the side effects of chemo is that you are susceptible to opportunistic infections.

Damn, I know. I'm sorry you're not well and am sending you good juju. Hope you feel better soon.

Thus Spake Ortner said...

Well, I hope you sleep well with dreams of Tom Brady dancing in your head. Cause he's just dreamy.

Sorry you aren't feeling well. If I was driving home for the holidays, I would pull off 95 and deliver some chicken soup. Mind you it would be the crappy stuff you get at the store because I have no stove, but it's the thought that counts.