Thursday, November 06, 2008

I Don't Even Know What To Say

These two videos make it feel like my head is going to explode. I can't explain to you how offensive I find this. I would feel this way not matter which side was doing it. Especially when I think about this year's election.

Working the elections means giving up a day at work. I get paid by the town, but it's not nearly what I make at work. With chemo cutting into my earning power it was an actual sacrifice. Nevermind the physical toll it took to work from 0600 until 2200. To see someone so careless about a job that matters so much to me........really gets to me.

These are from a YouTube channel called "Election Journal". This channel had several videos and plenty were hearsay, but you have to pay attention to these two.

4 comments:

Stella by Starlight said...

I do: Wrong! Wrong! Wrong!

As precinct inspector, I politely asked people to turn political t-shirts inside out or cover up. We had four precincts in one area and all the inspectors scrupulously checked the lines.

BostonMaggie said...

It's disheartening when people don't take their oath seriously.

At the beginning of each election I raise my right hand and swear to uphold the Constitution of the Commonwealth and the United States.

And. I. Mean. It.

When you see how some people sell out in either direction, I could throttle them.

Stella by Starlight said...

Well said, Maggie.

Anonymous said...

"Good on ya, the both," as an Aussie once told me and my copilot.