Friday, May 18, 2007

The Post Below...........

.....made a funny little story pop into my head. As I mentioned below, my Dad didn't wear Old Spice. He wore English Leather. He wore that until his financial situation improved enough to move onto bigger and better things. LOL Four kids, Catholic schools, houses to maintain, cars to buy, Patriots season tickets.........aftershave was way down the list, I'm sure. Plus I think it took until Jen was buying gifts to make some improvements in things like that. I am the kind of person who finds out what you like and gets it. Jen and Grace are the people who think beyond that and find you something new you will like.

Anyway, by the time he moved out of drugstore brands and into department store brands, he had a ton of English Leather stockpiled. Being a practical man, he didn't want it to go to waste. So he had the bright idea of giving it to my ex. At the time we were still married. No one asked me. No one told me.

The day after these hatched this great idea, John got up before me, showered, used his nifty new stuff and went to work. When he came home, I was out at work. By the time I got home he was in bed. I shower (this was back in the waitress phase and I always showered before bed even though I knew full well, I would shower again in the morning), and slip into bed.

The horror! My mind was on overload. I could barely speak for a moment. There was a man in bed, trying to kiss me.....................who smelled just like my father! All I can remember is yelling for him to shower! Shower right now!

He showered. I stripped the bed and changed the sheets. He thought it was hilarious. So did my sisters and mother when I told them later. No one had any sympathy for my trauma.

3 comments:

Fermina Daza said...

EWEWEWEWEWEWEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Oh. My. God. *I* need to go shower now. Hot water and some serious scrubbing. Blech.

Anonymous said...

Heh,

My dad used to use Old Spice. My mom used to joke about it being "Old Species" to which my younger sisters would change to "Old Feces"...

I don't even want to be around it. I'm terrified of turning into my dad... sigh.

Personally, I like Draakar Noir. Probably explains a lot, really...

I love those commercials, though. Especially how the painting behind him is one gigantic sailing ship with about a hundred masts... heh...

Respects,

BostonMaggie said...

HFS - Sorry I creeped you out. I've had almost 20 years to get over it. Now it's just funny to me.

AW1 Tim - I don't know that I got close enough to register a yes or a no on your aftershave. The funny thing is that knowing that you were AW1 (Lex's commenter) meant I wanted to meet you.....if I had know you were also Gwedd (the Castle commenter), well........I would have been a lot more excited. But, now I know.