Sunday, June 07, 2009

For Bob Carbone........

.....who is in California, but his heart in Massachusetts! A little bit ago, Bob wrote to scold me for not paying enough attention to Battleship Cove....especially his ship the USS Massachusetts. So guess where Maggie was today?

The 64th reunion of the USS Massachusetts BB-59.

I tried to video tape some stuff, so we'll see how that goes, but I spotted a guy filming the whole thing so I am going to try to get some of his stuff.

I introduced myself to CAPT John S Casey, USNR (Ret.) and I'll see if I can't get a copy of his remarks.

How'd I do baby?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow maggie what a time to go plenti of old salts from ww2 were there i was a wishing i coulda been there to see n ole frinds like the gunner and ole boats bil canfield who is famous for all his illustrations in the cruise book and many other publication thanks again msggie i hope you enjoyed the ceromony
bob c

bobc said...

the ole girl looks like she's ready for sea duty in spite of here being 67 yrs old and seen as much action as she did I was thinking about her this am for the memorial servies esp the 21 gun salute from the secondary battery its a awesone sound is it not
BOB CARBONE

BostonMaggie said...

I had a great time!