Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Bravo Zulu Ensigns Smith, Wall and Carleen!

GateHouse News Service
Posted Jun 02, 2009 @ 02:23 PM
PLYMOUTH —
Three Plymouth residents were commissioned as U.S. naval officers May 17, beside the USS Constitution at the Charlestown Navy Yard. Ensign Zachary Smith, originally from Oswego, N.Y., recently graduated from Boston College and will be attending flight school in Pensacola, Fla., as a student naval pilot. Ensign Timothy Wall recently graduated from Boston University and also has orders to flight school in Pensacola, Fla., as a student naval pilot. Ensign Andrew Carleen recently graduated from Boston University and will be attending nuclear power school in Charleston, S.C., in order to become a naval submarine officer.

Congratulations!

2 comments:

Rick said...

Great picure! ..... Student Naval Aviators vice pilot.

Daniel Clay Russ said...

When I was 18 and living in Georgia, I almost joined the NAOC (Naval Aviation Officer's Candidate) program. I took tests, did very well and then ultimately chose another path. I look at this picture and think about how my life might have been had I jumped.

Nice blog.