Saturday, June 13, 2009

How Did This Happen To Me?

The USS Samuel B Roberts is in the Charlestown Navy Yard.

It arrived Thursday.

I had no idea!!!!

I was driving my parents home from Grace's and my Dad said "Are you going down to see the Sammy B?" I gave him a look that revealed I was clueless (I have perfected the look). He said "It's in town for Bunker Hill Day."

So I go look and sure enough - tours were yesterday and today....and I missed them.

I read all this Navy stuff, I have all these Navy Tweeps....I THOUGHT I had a connection aboard USS Constitution....apparently not!

I guess I'll pop down tomorrow and at least see it from the pier. You know I thought I was all set for this weekend. I called my father earlier this week and reminded him I would need my Navy flag. I left it at his house last year after the parade so it wouldn't be misplaced.

It is partially my fault - I am not following the new blog at the Navy Times closely enough. It was noted in The Scoop Deck.

*sigh*

No comments: