Monday, March 16, 2009

Sherri Explains The Stimulus Package

The Domestik Diva's morning offering in my email this morning

Explaining Obama's Government Stimulus Plan

Three contractors are bidding to fix a broken fence at the White House.One is from Chicago , another is from Tennessee , and the third is from Minnesota .

All three go with a White House official to examine the fence.

The Minnesota contractor takes out a tape measure and does some measuring, then works some figures with a pencil. "Well," he says, "I figure the job will run about $900: $400 for materials, $400 for my union crew and $100 profit for me."

The Tennessee contractor also does some measuring and figuring, then says, "I can do this job for $700: $300 for materials, $300 for my crew and $100 profit for me."

The Chicago contractor doesn't measure or figure, but leans over to the White House official and whispers, "$2,700."

The official, incredulous, says, "You didn't even measure like the other guys! How did you come up with such a high figure?"

The Chicago contractor whispers back, "$1000 for me, $1000 for you, and we hire the guy from Tennessee to fix the fence."Done! replies the government official.

And that, my friends, is how the new stimulus plan will work.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

How the stimulus plans have always worked. :)

Stella by Starlight said...

LMAO. Since it's 8:40 p.m. and I'm still at work, I needed that.

What if it does work? That's just a rhetorical question that needs no answer.

BostonMaggie said...

"What if it does work?"

Now I'm LMAO

Marcus said...

I got the email from Sherri and DIED laughing. I forwarded it to my dad he said the same. Good one!