Saturday, March 28, 2009

I Missed Earth Hour!

But not "Human Achievement Hour"!

I read about it in a post over at the Castle.

Leave it to BCR to come up with the best comment on a scientific/technological issue.

By bad cat robot on March 28, 2009 11:54 AM
I'm going to light up the house like it's Christmas, and celebrate Human Achievement Hour. I will work on my computer, that has more calculational ability than the entire Apollo program, listen to music on CDs, possibly watch a movie on a DVD, make a call on my cell phone, watch my motion-sensor outdoor lights switch on to point out a trespasser, and not die of appendicitis, food poisoning, or cholera. And if any sanctimonious twit complains about my ecological crime, I will fire up my DEATH RAY which has a carbon footprint roughly the size of Manhattan.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Then someone seriously thought My Darling Chief sounded lonely! LOL Are you kidding?

Anyway, this was my response to all -

By Maggie on March 28, 2009 11:22 PM
Where do I start!!!! BCR - I love Human Achievement Hour and their video rocked!Bill, "Enemy at the Gates of 1283 E. McGovern Dr." was also a big hit. I had planned to light my house up like Christmas for Earth Hour/Human Achievement Hour, but was late getting home from a family gathering. So does it count that I was driving - well speeding really, over the Mystic River bridge, blasting ColdPlay, window down, heated seat switched on?Of course my house was actually lit up like Christmas because Frankie had friends over for some basketball game. Every light, the TV, the computer, the fridge running full steam chilling & dispensing Bud, the microwave & oven serving up appropriate snacks.Sam - it's a rough crowd baby - better put on your pads. My Darling Chief is never lonely! He has more women in more ports than any ten Sailors....and I would know, I have an advanced degree in the study of the mating habits of the American Sailor.

No comments: