Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Reading

I think I need to reset my reading mode. There was a time when I read constantly. I kept books everywhere so I was never without. Lately, it's more likely to be a magazine. As far as books go, there has been an incredible decrease in the time I spend reading. "The Pentagon's New Map" has been staring at me from the shelf and making me feel terribly guilty. "Mayflower" in the form of an audio book, travels with me to the gym every night that I go......but somehow the headphones end up plugged into the TV. I find that there is no balance between fun reading and serious reading. My serious reading is so stacked up and there is nothing fun in the house. So, I think maybe, subconsciously, I was in revolt. So I am going to go out and get whatever the newest Stephen King book is and unplug. No foreign policy, no history, no biographies........

2 comments:

Sean Meade said...

Bm, you should totally read PNM! it's great!

(Tom's webmaster)

BostonMaggie said...

LOL, like I didn't feel guilty enough alreasy!!!!!!

Thanks a lot Sean. I do intend to read it. I just need a little fun in my reading list.

You understand. Life isn't all vegtables and granola. Sometimes you need chocolate and Coke.