Friday, January 21, 2011

You Think I Am Kidding About These Movies

It's like a video store here. These two display racks spin and there are just as many on the other side. Then there is a whole book case full of the on the other side of the room.

I'm about to start "No Country For Old Men". I've already watched "Flags of Our Fathers" and "Changing Lanes"

We went in this morning for blood work. No transfusions needed. My platelets and red blood cells are low, but where they want them. My white blood cell count is a little too low, but they are hoping for improvement over the weekend......0.6. So infection is still a real danger.

They were happy to supply the other nausea medication when I explained that I think the current one is giving me crazy, feverish nightmares. I had ondansetron (Zofran) from Saturday to Tuesday. Then I ran out and switched to prochlorperazine (Compazine). They give you both because not everyone responds to both, but you should respond to one or the other. Well starting Tuesday night I began having bad dreams. Wednesday night I almost woke up screaming. I thought it was just the hot house, but last night was just as bad. I was soooooo upset and in the dream my ex John and all three of his sons (my Tommy and Frankie and his and Michelle's Kevin) came to my rescue. But none of the ages matched up. John still had his 1981 hair and Tommy and Frankie were little boys like Kevin is now. But whatever.....a rescue is a rescue! Better than waking up screaming.

So now I am here and the hardest thing is picking a movie.

And to My Marine.....no, he doesn't have "Stalingrad".

The bone pain disappeared yesterday, but Denise warned it would likely be back. And it is! LOL! So I am high while I watch these movies.

5 comments:

Yer Marine said...

Substitute "Cross of Iron" until you can get "Stalingrad".

Actually, "People Will Talk" is a wonderful one, Cary Grant and Jeanne Crain.

Barb said...

Weird - I tried to leave a comment while in single post view, and it posted on my blog.
So, trying this again :-)

Looks like you have a great selection - let me know if there's anything you'd like that you don't have yet!

Stella said...

"Ondansetron (Zofran) ,,, prochlorperazine (Compazine)" or both never worked from me.

Nausea? There's a better alternative... and it's less dangerous. And it works. And stops nightmares. I had horrible, horrible dreams.

You deserve a Silver Star for your courage. I don't know if you've seen this site, but hope you might enjoy it in between movies: http://www.homeofheroes.com/.

BostonMaggie said...

My Marine - ok

Barb, thanks, but I'm guessing he will keep ahead of my needs since he bought five more movies last week! LOL!

Stella! Stella! You tell me there is a better alternative .....but you don't tell me what it is?????

Anonymous said...

Maggie,
My family room looks like Blockbuster. If you are looking for something, you can always borrow from me if I have it.
Carrie