Wednesday, January 12, 2011

My Last Meal

There may be a delay of my start on Cytoxan day after tomorrow. It's a thorny insurance problem that my team is working to resolve.

But let's proceed as though it was going to begin on Friday for the purposes of this post.

I have always been one to focus on "The Last Meal", but it's usually a last meal before going on Atkins for a while. But this time it's because I will be sick. From everything I have read, no matter how mild or severe my nausea & vomiting, I won't want to eat. I will be too tired and food won't taste good or the same.

I have been very tired lately and haven't been eating much......try this diet strategy - put your bedroom on the 3rd floor at the front of the house & put the food in the kitchen on the 1st floor at the back of the house. Now suit up in this and see how much you eat! Although, when I do eat, food still tastes good! I loved the Malasada Party this past Sunday with my brother's in-laws.

So starting Friday, I will be tired and food won't be appealing.

So what am I going to eat for dinner Thursday night?

11 comments:

Dbie said...

Sounds like a good night for a lobster bake... or maybe some of Mom's tunafish, in the tunafish bowl.

Ponsdorf said...

I have no answer, but the question fascinates the hell out of me.

Is it pessimistic to even consider such a question, or is it rational and pure?

Oh well, it'll give something to think about instead of worrying about you. [grin]

Tom Goering said...

I've always loved the classics; surf and turf - a good strip steak and a lobster tail, preceded by a nice cup of chowder. And of course for dessert, chocolate cake!

ADM J. C. Harvey, Jr USN said...

Hang tough Maggie - the whole Navy is pulling and praying for you! All the best, JCHjr

Mrs. Diva said...

I still say Lobstah! And in keeping with a theme, Marcus says clam chowdah :) Whatever you have, enjoy it to the max!

Cheers!

Claude Berube said...

Only two options, Maggie:
1) lobsta
2) Kelly's Roast Beef in Revere with a side of fried shrimp.

:)

BostonMaggie said...

Tuna in the tunafish bowl! Excellent suggestion.

I don't think it's pessimistic, but on the other hand, I am rarely rational....and never pure.

Tom, I rarely run to type, I am a New Englander who doesn't like lobster or chowder and an Irish girl who doesn't like boiled cabbage.

ADM Harvey, was that an order? LOL! I will.

SK, you and Marcus just want to hear me say it.

Tom Goering said...

Enjoy whatever you decide, and as the Admiral said, Hang tough!

We'll have chocolate cake at P.F. Chang's in April :)

Spockgirl said...

No need whatsoever to post this comment.

I asked myself the same question a couple months ago, but I do not know why. I would be pleased to no end if you would read this list of my five favourite meals my mom used to make.
http://spockgirl-musings.blogspot.com/2010/09/mom-and-food.html

For dessert, I would go with a big warm slice of double chocolate stout cake and a glass of cold milk. But that's just me.

elle said...

This is reminiscent of prepping for hibernation. I would go for pasta, pasta and more pasta. With some mac-n-cheese on the side. And m&m's for dessert.

Anonymous said...

I would seriously consider smoking a lot of pot. Now.