Tuesday, January 04, 2011

An Answer, A Question, & An Objection

An answer as to who will replace CAPT Honor -


A question...or two.
How did this matter surface and why now?

An objection -
I object to everyone who says that as a woman I MUST be offended by these videos. I was not and "women" are not a single block vote. Everyone's sense of humor is different. Everyone, of every race, gender, ethnicity, etc. has their own unique sense of what is funny.

When CNN's Kathleen Parker tells me that all women are offended....I am offended. By you Kathleen. How about if I tell you how to feel? Clearly, you are offended. Profer that opinion and leave the rest of us out of it.

That said.....it was really stupid to put such jokes in a video. Stuff like this never dies. That's the biggest lesson of social media and Martin Lomasney had the answer years ago.......
"Never write when you can speak, never speak when you can nod......."

3 comments:

elle said...

Agree. And I think we know the answer to your first question.

kate said...

i'm just wondering when all the has-been elitists femi-nazis are going to stop speaking for me?

also, my first question was why now, years later, too. i have not found out the answer to that.

BostonMaggie said...

You know someday I have to blog about my first job in the phone company (which was fun and easy) I got it because other women in the office didn't want it. It involved dealing with a guy they thought was "chauvanistic". I though he was a riot!