Friday, September 04, 2009

SPC Jordan Shay, USArmy, Milblogger

Today the Milblogging community lost one of their own.

SPC Jordan Shay blogged at "Through Amber Lenses". The soldier killed alongside him in the vehicle rollover, Staff Sgt. Todd W. Selge, 25, of Burnsville, MN saddens my heart too.

My sincerest condolences to the families of both men.

If you have the time you should read Jordan's blog and Alex's tribute to him at his blog, Army of Dude.

Jordan's blog "Through Amber Lenses"

Alex's Post "Through Amber Lenses, A Light"

It's noted at Mudville Gazette.

Jordan was also recently sucked into Twitter and there are a few Tweets to read. He was @regulargrunt.

The Boston Globe and the Boston Herald have written about him because he was a local boy from Amesbury.
I read Jordan.

I don't usually come this close to what I write about.

I am lucky enough to have all my friends - real and imaginary - go and come back.

To absent companions.

No comments: