Thursday, September 10, 2009

Patriot's Day 2009

Couple of things.

One, I don't have anything different to say about the day than I did when I wrote this -
8:46 am

Second, one of my very best pals on Twitter, @NavyNews says "..if you watch only on 9/11 piece, this should be it. Please share & never forget. NEW YORK won't.."

Next, Matty of BlackFive has suggested that we link to posts about Rick Rescorla today. So I will list them here and I will put them up on Twitter and Facebook.

Matty's annual post "Stand and Never YIELD!!! - From the Battlefield in Viet Nam to Tower 2 on 9/11"

From my girl AWTM "A Day at The Museum..."

From Bookie "Remembering Rick Rescorla — and the lessons of self-defense"

From Greyhawk "911 Remembered: Rick Rescorla was a soldier"

From Laughing Wolf "I Remember"

From What The F*&#!?!? - "Rick Rescorla Hero: From LZ-XRAY To 9/11"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Project 2996 from Curt
Project 2996-2009: William J. Dimmling, SVP, Marsh McLennon Companies

From Eagle1 "We Remember"

From Steeljaw Scribe "The 2996 Project: CAPT Bob Dolan, USN (Pentagon) and Mr. Colin Arthur Bonnett (WTC)"

From GOP CounterCulture "In Memoriam: Sergio Villanueva"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I'll post other things as I see them or they are pointed out to me.

4 comments:

Steeljaw Scribe said...

Maggie:

Up in your territory (sort of) today as I'm speaking at the War College's memorial.
- SJS

Anonymous said...

http://gopcounterculture.wordpress.com/2009/09/11/in-memoriam-sergio-villanueva/

Oso said...

Maggie,
I never read your Facebook post so was responding to a type of thought process which is wrong,vengeance for the sake of vengeance on any available target.

To believe in an extremely strong military response,causing CD to innocents but not out of vengeance,and using that might to intimidate with the intent to prevent further US bloodshed is a different thing. I still don't agree but such reasoning is understandable and I believe now that's where you're coming from.

I responded without reading or thinking about it.Stupid of me,as well as to get personal.

My apologies.

BostonMaggie said...

Oso,

I also apologize for my remarks. I also let emotion get in my way.