Tuesday, December 05, 2006

This Day In History.....

In 1933, prohibition of liquor in the United States was repealed when Utah became the 36th state to ratify the 21st Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

Why do I think that this is important? Regular readers know I rarely drink. But it's a principle. If you want to drink, fine. If you don't fine, leave the drinkers alone. I don't smoke, but I support smoker's rights. I don't own a gun and likely never will, but I am an ardent supporter of the 2nd amendment. Why? Because I need those people when the "whale-pushers"* come for me and try to take away my cheeseburgers and Hershey-ets. "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately"
B. Franklin, July 4th, 1776

*whale-pushers, 'hwAl, 'wAl 'pu-sh&r.......literally, enviromentalists who push the whales back into the ocean, when they beach themselves down on the Cape. Broader meaning, people who feel the need to foist their opinion on you and interfere with your pursuit of life, liberty and happiness, for *your* own good, because *you* don't know any better. Source - Jennifer. Synonyms, libs, granolas, crunchy granolas, moonbats.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Jennifer!
SB

Anonymous said...

Don't the beluga-budgers realize that the whales beach themselves for a reason?

They're trying to evolve, fur petesake...