Sunday, December 03, 2006

Aneurysm

*******************************UPDATE*******************
As promised here is the direct quote from the exchange I'm ranting about. They are from Real Clear Politics.
MR. RUSSERT: Looking at the Middle East now, what must be done? If President Bush picked up the phone and called you and said, “President Carter”—does he ever call you?
FMR. PRES. CARTER: Oh, yes, we discuss matters on occasion. Either I call the State Department or the White House or he calls me, yes.
****************************ORIGINAL POST***************
That's what I nearly had in the car on the way home from my parents. Most Sundays after Mass, CCD and hanging with my parents for a bit, I am driving home just in time to listen to "Meet The Press". If I hear something that piques my interest I can pull it up on the DVR later. Most of the time, I am content with just hearing it. Thank God I wasn't watching, I might have thrown something through the TV!!!!! Tim interviewed that nitwit Jimmy Carter about his new book "Palestine Peace Not Apartheid". I had already heard him discuss this on Charlie Rose and I am well aware of his anti-Israeli bias. Blah, blah, blah...no humanitarian aid...yeah, that's right, we won't reward you while you refuse Israel right to exist. Tough. You still hungry? Step into this century. Be civilized. Otherwise, rub some dirt on it and be quiet. No surprises. Then Tim asks "What if President Bush were to call you....does he call you....?" (I'm paraphrasing here, as soon as the transcript is up on Real Clear Politics, I'll get complete quotes). So Carter says "Yes" I don't know what he said after that. I was screaming "Liar ##$^*&%$% lie #$%&&$#$$# liar#^&*$#%%" at the top of my lungs, alone in my car, staring at the radio.
To save my own life, I managed to switch over to the Irish music on 'GBH.
People say to me "Maggie, you're a Bush girl." and I am. I still have two bumper stickers on my car. "I Stand with President Bush" and "Bush Cheney". That doesn't mean that I don't find fault. That doesn't mean that there are not many policy decision I am not happy with. But if this is true. If "W" has EVER called the peanut farmer....for any reason.....that would be the thing that wounded me most grieviously. I don't know if I could ever get over that.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh cmon Maggie, he's really your hearts desire :D

My my an ex politician lying... how unusual.

Anonymous said...

Think of the possibilities Carter offers. call Carter, ask what he would do, get his answer, and then proceed to do the opposite. It's rather fool proof actually...

BostonMaggie said...

Sadly, that actually does sound like a plan.

Anonymous said...

ust think...he was once Commander in Chief!
SB