Sunday, December 17, 2006

Half Assed Sunday

Last night I was driving the drunk bus and by the time I crawled into bed it was 0230. Consequently, this morning I hit the snooze button 27 times. I thought about not going to CCD, after all it was the Penence service and other teachers could cover for me. But I went. I was late for Mass and CCD and worse I wasn't showered (not my usual MO). Thank goodness I went, I was the only teacher who showed. I guess everyone had that idea.
I went home and started cleaning the house. Life with teenage boys is no fun when it's time to clean the bathroom. I felt like Cinderella. The point of cleaning the house was to make room for the tree. I never got that far. Everything I went looking for wasn't where it should have been. I had to send Frank to Jennifer's to beg a roll of papertowels. I need a replacement bag for the vac. I'm still not ready for the tree.
Then I went to Jen's to make baked goods for the neighborhood Christmas party. My cookie pizza was too soupy and couldn't be cut properly and Jen's brownies are over done. We're a pair!
I can't catch a break.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You need to try Dana's chocolate chip cookies! Glad you had fun driving the drunk mobile, last night was our Regimental Dining In and I was definitely feeling no pain by the end of the evening.

BostonMaggie said...

And did you have a designated driver? I certainly hope so!

Anonymous said...

Definitely! Dana drove, which is further reason she should be considered for sainthood.

Anonymous said...

I am the drunkard maggie drives home all the time and I have to say driving the drunk bus is winning her points but she will definitely not make it past St. Peter nevermind Sainthood, little extreme my friend. I bet she makes it to the maybe line. You know the line where they say oh maybe we should consider these people they have enough points but then they start reading the record...

Anonymous said...

Nice touch Jennifer!
SB

BostonMaggie said...

Cie & SB - Nice that you're both laughing! I believe that both of you have many of the same boxes checked on your permanent records!

If CIE has a bigger heart than mine, it would be measured in microns........

SB, if you run this train, then any boxes checked on my permanent record are your fault.

Anthony, if Dana will make us chocolate chip cookies, we will also back her bid for sainthood.

Anonymous said...

While her chocolate chip cookies are worthy of beatification, it is her meringue chocolate chip cookies that qualify her for canonization. They literally melt in your mouth. I lucked out when I married a food scientist, (anything she bakes is incredible); and she lucked out in marrying me as I prefer to do the meal cooking, (good for her after all day dealing with food) and the fact that before I went back on active duty, I was a sommelier, so I always can pick good things to drink along with dinner.