Tuesday, July 11, 2006

This Day In History and Today

In 1804, U.S. Vice President Aaron Burr killed long-time political foe Alexander Hamilton, the first Treasury secretary and chief architect of the nation's political economy, in a duel at Weehawken, N.J.


An important historical event as pointed out by SouthieBoy. Something that I would much rather contemplate than the events today. I'd like to sit in the sun and read the biography of Hamilton I gave my mother. I would much rather be doing that than listening to the radio or watching the news. I will not watch the video released by an al-Qaida-linked group which claims it killed three U.S. Soldiers last month and mutilated two of their bodies to avenge the rape-slaying of a young Iraqi woman by troops of the same unit, an institute which monitors extremists Web sites said Tuesday. The Armorer at The Castle explains why not better than I could.

I can't even watch the local news. Last night a section of the Big Dig collapsed.

On another note, I bit the bullet and paid more for the non-stop flight for this weekend. Washington will never know what hit them. Princess Crabby will be gracing the Milbloggers Shootout with her presence.

No comments: