Monday, July 03, 2006

The Pentagon Channel


Just got an email from The Pentagon Channel


ADVANCE SCHEDULE:
(Eastern Times)

TUESDAY THE 4TH OF JULY, 2006



1330 - Battleground: Patriotism - Have It Your Way: Hosted by John Wayne, this film presents definitions of patriotism by US citizens, members of our Armed Forces and returning Vietnam POWs. The voices of Woodrow Wilson, Franklin Roosevelt, Harry Truman and John Kennedy express reasons why American Service members fought and died for their country through the years. Patriotism is alive, well and working in the United States. An historic film produced by The Department of the Army. (30 min)


So......how much would my parents kill me if I sneak away from the big 4th of July family cookout to watch John Wayne on the Pentagon Channel? LOL My father might understand. After all, he knows how much I love John Wayne and this isn't his side of the family anyway!

I love the men in the Rotation, but I have never, never given up on John Wayne, lol. Plus I am as addicted to the Pentagon Channel as I am to C-Span.
******************************************************************
Update: I did indeed watch John Wayne in "Battleground" on the Pentagon Channel. Now I am going to walk up to the cottage........and be ragged mercilessly about it!

A large contingent of nieces, nephews, cousins, uncles, aunts, etc. from my mother's side of the family are there. I am not allowed to blog about my mother anymore so I can't tell you that she is there as well. Off I go!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So, I guess John Wayne would be number 1 in the Rotation if the opportunity had presented itself....

BostonMaggie said...

lol, my first inclination was to write "with a bullet, baby!"......but please....who would need a rotation if John Wayne wanted you?