Saturday, April 03, 2010

The Saturn Lives to Drive Another Day!

So, I have had the Saturn since 2000 when Jen gave it me....for free. So right there, it's a bargain. Over the years I have added 180,000 miles to the 40,000 that Jen had put on it.

Every year or so, I put anywhere from four to nine hundred dollars into the car.

I just paid $450 for this repair. New battery, new alternator and a new chip in the cars computer. Turns out a faulty chip was causing the alternator to burn itself out.

$450 is right in the range for what I have been spending.

Everyone makes fun of it.

But it went to New York to get Jen.

It went to Tarrytown for SouthieBoy - who sends Sailors there anyhow?

It's still chugging along all these years later.

It was free.

If you see me at the Milblog Conference....buy me a drink, I am super poor!

5 comments:

Tom Goering said...

We will see you at the conference, and we WILL buy you a drink! :)

Kanani said...

And I wish I could be at the conference to see you, Tom and the rest. But it's not in the budget right now.

And George needs me here.

Kanani said...

You know, that really is smart to keep fixing it. A new car would cost you much, much more I suppose you're at the point where almost everything has been replaced at one time or another!

GO CAR GO!!

Yer Marine said...

It's no brown 4-door Buick sedan, but it is cool enough, I spose.

Zero Ponsdorf said...

I was gonna buy you a drink anyway. Don't need an excuse.