Saturday, April 24, 2010

Pope Benedict XVI 5th Anniversay

Five years ago today there was white smoke and the Vatican's Senior Cardinal Deacon, Agostino Cacciavillan told us "Habemus Papam!".

I am very pleased with this first five years. I haven't always agreed with him, but I understand what it is to follow the man who wears "the shoes of the fisherman".

I agree with his principles. I believe in his committment to the Church.

I was incredibly proud and moved when he went to Ground Zero.

If you aren't Catholic, you won't get it, so don't try. And American Catholics, we they have to remember that America is constitutional republic. We elect leaders and expect them to govern in accordance with the Constitution. The Church has no constitution. The Pope is not a president.

I wish him luck and health and I pray for him every day.

No comments: