Sunday, June 22, 2008

Thoughts on Iowa

This is making the rounds in email boxes. I got mine from Bigg Bill. I don't know where it originated, but I agree that it's worth noting.

Just A Personal Observation-Iowa FloodingJust a personal observation...as I watched the news coverage of the massive flooding in the Midwest with over 100 blocks of the city of Cedar Rapids, Iowa under water, levees breaking, and the attention now turned downstream for when this massive amount of water hits the Mississippi, what amazed me is not what we saw, but what we didn't see...

1. We don't see looting.

2. We don't see street violence.

3. We don't see people sitting on their rooftops waiting for the government to come and save them.

4. We don't see people waiting on the government to do anything.

5. We don't see Hollywood organizing benefits to raise money for people to rebuild.

6. We don't see people blaming President Bush.

7. We don't see people ignoring evacuation orders.

8. We don't see people blaming a government conspiracy to blow up the levees as the reason some have not held.

9. We don't see the US Senators or the Governor of Iowa crying on TV.

10. We don't see the Mayors of any of these cities complaining about the lack of state or federal response.

11. We don't see or hear reports of the police going around confiscating personal firearms so only the criminal will be armed.

12. We don't see gangs of people going around and randomly shooting at the rescue workers.

13. You don't see some leaders in this country blaming the bad behavior of the Iowa flood victims on "society" (of course there is no wide spread reports of lawlessness to require excuses).

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are right Maggie I was thinking the same thing watching the news. Two things led to the Kitrina deal the dems are responsible for both they will blame anything on President Bush, and the welfare programs started by Dems have kept most of the black race depentent on the goverment. Thats what the dems want, to keep thier voter base in tact. spanky

BostonMaggie said...

Spanky?

Anonymous said...

nick name from the from the first day that I went to work at the Konx county jail in Tenn. my first I was paired with a black gentleman real nice guy. Well his hair stood some in the front so the inmates being inmates gave him the nickname buckwheat And acourse I was Spanky I hated that nick name for 4 or 5 years but after 27 years It has grown on me I sign my name that way now spanky

Anonymous said...

Hi Maggie,

I don't know how I found you but I am glad I did. I'm an ex-Bostonian exactly your age. I still love all the teams and love rubbing NY'ers faces in their success.

Love more seing conservatives from Boston. ;-)

Anyhoo, love the list. You can add Republican Mississippi and Alabama being free from those problems during Katrina itself.

BostonMaggie said...

Spanky - That's what we call my son Frankie, so it caught my eye.

RR- Thank you and welcome aboard.