Thursday, March 09, 2006

Some People Are Never Happy

So Steve was out on the road for a few days. The first night he calls to give me the phone number in his hotel room. I hang up, dial the number and he answers with "Geez, did you already have it half dialed?" I ask if this is a complaint. He says something rude. I laugh. Last night he signals my cell phone so I know to call his hotel room. I get up from the couch, walked ten feet to the house phone and the slip of paper with the number written on it and called. He answers with "Geez, what took you so long?"

Some people are never happy.

Also, they are not grateful enough. It is well known how much I love "24". Mondays call came at the 1 hour 15 minute mark in a 2 hour episode and I muted it to talk to him. Last night I was sitting on the couch to watch the 45 minutes I had missed, when he called again. I mentioned this and the answer was "Yeah, yeah, yeah....let's get to what I want to talk about" LOL Why do I put up with this?

There had better be something SPECTACULAR for my birthday. Otherwise, your spot at the top of the rotation could be in danger. Remember......competition is strongly encouraged in the rotation.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On or about the date of February 20th you answered a question about music by stating that you listen to Vinyl on your Curtis Mathis stereo. This is a fantasy, you have not opened that thing in years and even at one point attempted to toss it out. I am the one who saved it from your careless urban renewal of our living room many years ago. I also noticed you mentioned Frank in your blog but not me. I live in Virginia, not on Mars.

BostonMaggie said...

Mea culpa, mea culpa, mea maxima culpa!!!!!!