Saturday, March 18, 2006

Another Gitmo Lecture

One of the speakers at the EPIIC Symposium who really drove me crazy was P.Sabin Willett. He and some other lawyers will be speaking at Faneuil Hall on March 30, 2006. The lecture title is "Guantanamo Bay: Who Are The Detainees and Why does the U.S. Continue to Hold Them?" I haven't been able to find much online about the Chinese Muslims because I thought they were Weegers................turns out the word is Uighur. I will have to read some more.

So, do I go? Do I not go? I am on the fence. I know for certain (dead certain) that it is not as cut and dried as Willett makes it out to be. W & Dick are not sitting in the White House laughing about holding hapless Uighurs at Gitmo. But still, there must be something to this stuff.

This is a Ford Hall Forum lecture, and I generally enjoy their lecture series, although they rarely reflect my personal views. But then again, if I were looking for lectures that reflected my personal views......I could never leave the Bostonian Society unless it was to go to an American Legion Hall, lol.

No comments: