Saturday, March 11, 2006

My Version of Stopping and Smelling the Roses

Sometimes I am rushing so hard and so fast that I am afraid of missing things. When I look back the things I regret the most are the times I didn't stop and savor something. So I really try to notice, and enjoy, and remember the good things.

Tonight I drove up to Boston for Stations. I think the radio said it was around 56 degrees in Boston when I got to there. I stopped in quick to say hi to my parents. I try never to miss these chances. You never know what the future holds and I am always wishing for one more chance to tell Mama Kelley how much I loved her. The wind was blowing and the night was balmy compared with last Friday night. I made a point of stopping as I walked down to the chapel, and looking up....feeling the wind, hoping to remember tonight and how I felt long after tonight is gone. The Chapel is a smaller space and Stations becomes a more intimate event. The incense is stronger, my pastor is closer and of course this space is full of childhood memories. The feelings are so intense that I am nearly moved to tears.

After Stations I went to the movies with my friend Trish and enjoyed M&Ms. She is making me switch to a more serious gym. I have to get my fun in now. It will be a snack filled weekend.

I drove home listening to Lifehouse (really loud) and singing along.

It was a good night.

No comments: