Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Last Night's Lecture

Last night the Bostonian Society hosted the author Timothy Kenslea in a discussion of his new book "The Sedgwicks in Love: Courtship, Engagement, and Marriage in the Early Republic". He's a local guy and a high school teacher. He was very enthusiastic about his subject. I enjoyed his talk and maybe someday I will get to the book I bought and had him autograph for me.

Funny side note: I park at the valet in the garage one block down. I don't like to drive around looking for a legal spot and I am always late (last night I slid into my seat as Sue was wrapping up her introduction). I didn't realize what an impression I had made until last night. There are no lectures in the winter and I hadn't seen the night manager since November. I was there Saturday night for Damrell's Fire, but it's a different crew on the weekends. So I pull up and get out of my car and doesn't the son-of-a-gun come over to hug me and tell me how great I look. I just laughed, but....how weird is that?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

As soon as one of your sons isnt there to shoot angry looks at everyone (regardless of motive) people start randomly hgging you! I am out raged! I am out raged in an egyptian accent! SALWA!

BostonMaggie said...

lol, you are crazy. I will have to show this to Rachael.

BostonMaggie said...

Just showed Rachael and she laughed and said "I can here him saying that!" I said yes, I can heres voice in my head too.