Friday, February 12, 2010

Thanks To The Bunny

Just read this post over at the USNI

What Can The Vietnam POWs Teach Today’s Combat Veterans?

The Bunny does a great job with a painful subject and in the end you feel hopeful and inspired.

I wrote about this day in 1973 three years ago. It was the first time I saw someone cry because they were happy.

I am currently reading "In Love and War" by Jim & Sybil Stockdale. It's one of the books I "acquired" during my USNI heist....sshhhh!

I highly recommend it. It's gut wrenching. I have just gotten to the part where Sybil receives her first communication from Jim....seven months after he was shot down in September of 1965. She has two letters. I had to put the book down after reading the first letter last night. Something made the words all blurry. I'll be back to it shortly. I have always been an admirer of ADM Stockdale's, but now I am equally in awe of his wife Sybil.

So go get this book - did I mention it's a Naval Institute Press book?

And go read the post that got me on this subject.

No comments: