Thursday, February 22, 2007

Jen & Steve Bonding

Last night while Jen & I were driving to BI Deaconess, Steve called. After a few minutes he asked who was the voice in the background (he knew it wasn't Jen). I said it was her GPS. He asked what kind and I replied "Whatever GPS is embedded in her nifty Bose system in her new Nissam Altima." "Nice" came the reply. "Wait" he said "Are you supposed to be the navigator?" "No" I said, "The GPS is, but Jennifer keeps second guessing it." "She should, it's just a machine, you are the navigator" This went on for a while. He takes Jennifer's side in everything.

This morning it was the other side of the coin. I was trying to express some dismay with something Steve said and Jen defended him to the hilt. She capped it off with this exchange. "You can't argue with how people feel" I told her. Jen put up her hands and said "Wait a minute, there's how everyone feels......and then there's you. You don't think like everyone else..........it's what makes you Maggie." Keep in mind...........my name is not really Maggie and the only time Jennifer uses it is to point out behaviour that she thinks is ridiculous.

So there they are, bonding, conspiring against me. Traitors.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nothing worse than a pre-emptive peace in the middle of a good argument.

Anonymous said...

Me a conspirator!!??? I resemble that remark!
SB

BostonMaggie said...

Shawmut - No kidding!

SB - Just one of many conspiracies.........still pouting about my birthday. Since today is 23 ahead of my birthday, I would estimate that there is a minimum of 30 days of pouting ahead.

googiebaba said...

Wait. Your name is not really Maggie? I feel lost and disillusioned...