Sunday, December 20, 2009

Well At Least I Didn't Have To Shovel

Sure it's beautiful, but I was trapped here all day. Frankie surfaced around two in the afternoon to shovel Jen and I out. He caught her starting and scolded her, telling her to get back in the house. It didn't help though, the roads were a mess. We were supposed to go to Wilmington for my uncle's wake.

I felt really awful about missing it. Jim was my godfather and our two families are very close. I wanted to be there tonight for my father's sister Teresa, my cousin Kathy, Jim's grandchildren Gregg, Mary Kate and Jessica. Instead I spent the day looking out the window like the sun was going to come out and the roads were going to magically clear.

James J. Collins
James J. Collins, age 80, of Wilmington, formerly of Charlestown, died December 18, 2009.

Retiree of Hoods Milk Company in Charlestown after 25 years and Market Basket in Wilmington. Also a veteran of the U. S. Army, having served in WWII.

Beloved husband of Mary T. (McInnis) Collins, devoted father of Kathleen A. Griffin & her husband Mike of Wilmington and Jim Collins & his family of Billerica, loving grandfather of Jessica & Mark Korves of Las Vegas, NV, Gregg & Kim Griffin of North Andover, Mary-Kate Griffin & Joshua Vaughan, and Dave Accardi all of Wilmington, dear son of the late James & Helen Collins, brother of Jack Collins & his family of Sharon and Bill Collins & his family of Billerica, brother-in-law and friend of Frank McInnis & his family of Charlestown.

Family & friends will gather at the Nichols Funeral Home, Inc., 187 Middlesex Ave. (Rte. 62), Wilmington, on Monday, December 21st at 9:00 a.m. followed by a Mass of Christian Burial in St. Thomas of Villanova Church, 126 Middlesex Ave., Wilmington, at 10:00 a.m. Interment Wildwood Cemetery, Wilmington. Visiting hours Sunday, December 20th from 4-8 p.m.

Memorial donations in James’s name may be made to Woodbriar of Wilmington Resident Council, 90 West St., Wilmington, MA 01887.
~~~~~~~~~~~~
But things should be clear enough to make the funeral tomorrow. Of course that means taking a bunch of motrin and going to bed now. If this headache isn't better by tomorrow, I'm going to have to find the paper with that other woman's info on it and call my insurance agent.

Do you think I can use a false name so my oncologist doesn't get wind of my being in the Jordan?

2 comments:

Mrs. K said...

Thank you for posting the obit...still doesn't seem real. I guess that wii come in all those little moments when I pick up the phone to tell him something...and I can't. Anyway...love you guys. See you soon.

BostonMaggie said...

Love you too!