Saturday, July 11, 2009

Official Message Traffic

So over on Facebook.....some Army guy made a movie reference which I did not immediately get.

"Why Shea, does this mean we're not friends anymore? You know, if I thought you weren't my friend, I don't think I could bear it."

I got the second one from a helpful commenter

"I'm your huckleberry....and I think Shea and Maggie maybe didn't get your joke - probably because they were not forced to watch that movie as many times as I was :^)"

Ahhh, "Tombstone". But then Army guy says
"How could you be forced to watch that movie? It is by far the best western movie made since John Wayne died."

OK, now let's all just calm down. One should not be invoking "John Wayne" at the drop of a hat. We all know he is Princess Crabby's greatest cinematic love.

So Army Guy sends
OPERATIONAL IMMEDIATE: GODNAVBLOGSTRIFOR
Command directed to go watch Tombstone
Strong Message Follows
KILDAR 6
END MESSAGE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OK, well it's finally summer here - sunny and beautiful.

I have a party to crash today (my cousin in hosting a cookout for her husband's family and he was bemoaning the lack of our side's fun - so Jen & I are crashing it)

There is still the LE Eithne to try and visit.

This is the beginning of my parent's time at the cottage, so I have to hang there on the porch and *be*.

Hopefully I get to run into Steve Schippert during his Boston visit.

But otherwise, I'll get to it as soon as possible.

v/r GODNAVBLOGSTRIFOR

No comments: